In celebration of the efforts of LGBT youth in Franklin County, TN to establish a Gay-Straight Alliance at Franklin County High School (Winchester, TN), the CCJP has created a restricted program fund named The LGBT Rural Youth Program Fund.
The LGBT Rural Youth Program Fund will support the unique needs of rural LGBT youth in Franklin County, TN and surrounding rural areas and be guided by local LGBT youth and their allies.
The youth members of the Franklin County LGBT community have shown great courage in their efforts to establish a Gay Straight Alliance at Franklin County High School. They have done this with grace under intense community opposition. Our intention is to honor their efforts and build a fund serving the spirit that they bring to the conversation of LGBT rights for youth in rural America.
The goals of The LGBT Rural Youth Program Fund will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Financial support for Community Activism and LGBT Educational Opportunities: This financial support for LGBT and allied youth to participate in conferences or other seminars or events. This support will include, but will not be limited to: registration fees and travel expenses
- Seed money for rural GSAs and other rural LGBT youth groups.: This support may include, but will not be limited to: wristbands, stickers, paper, flags, printing costs, training, etc.
- Funding for a Speaker, Program, or Program Series: This support may include, but will not be limited to: travel expenses, speaker’s fees, etc.
- Crisis funding: This support would assist LGBT youth who are in crisis or at great risk. This could be, but would not be limited to, counseling and mental health support for rural LGBT youth and emergency support for homeless LGBT youth.
The CCJP feels strongly that this program, The LGBT Rural Youth Program Fund, falls within our mission and charter and the CCJP will accept restricted donations for this purpose. 100% of each donation will go towards these purposes and an anonymous donor has pledged a 2 to 1 matching grant for all donations received before the end of 2016. A $100 donation translates to $300 that will be available for LGBT rural youth!
There are no overhead or administrative costs for these donations, with the exception of the online transaction fees related to donations made online with a credit card. There are no transaction fees for check donation and please note that you would like you donation to go to this purpose. CCJP – LGBT Rural Youth Program, PO Box 307, Sewanee, TN 37375
The CCJP will:
- Work in concert with Franklin County LGBT and allied youth, to develop recommendations for the fund. The CCJP will invite at least three members of the LGBT and allied youth community of Franklin County, TN to participate in this effort.
- The LGBT Rural Youth Program, or successor organizations, will initially be a part of CCJP and the CCJP will rely on the recommendations of local LGBT youth and their allies for disbursement of these funds as allowed by IRS regulations on 501c3 organizations
- Hold funds donated for this purpose, The LGBT Rural Youth Program Fund, in an escrow account separate from regular CCJP funds. Please note if you would like your donation to be dedicated to the LGBT Rural Youth Program Fund and we will honor your request
- As a 501c3 organization, all donations to the CCJP for the LGBT Rural Youth Program Fund are tax deductible
For more information, or if you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Sign-up Sheets
No sheets currently available at this time.